Choosing the best roofing material for new construction or an aging roof on an existing structure can be a daunting task. For new construction, you might look to your neighbors in a commercial or industrial area to see what they have used, how it’s held up, and what it looks like with the surrounding architecture and landscape. For an existing structure, you might be inclined just to replace what was there with the same material and go on your way. However, there are many new options available concerning roofing for commercial, industrial, and residential properties. Providence metal roofing materials have come a long way and are now used by designers and architects for all of their beneficial qualities. Is Rhode Island metal roofing right for you? Take a look at our pros and cons list to see how it measures up before contacting sheet metal roofing companies in your area.
The Pros of Sheet Metal Roofing
Today’s metal options concerning roofing have changed drastically. You might think, “metal roofing” and equate it with industrial warehouses, farm structures, and other projects that are more about function than flair. However, thanks in part to products like architectural metal roofing in Providence and the surrounding area, you can get Rhode Island metal roofing in just about any color, design, or style. Metal roofing is now considered a very attractive material because it is aesthetically pleasing and can provide many years of durable protection and service.
- LONGEVITY – How long can Providence metal roofing materials last? Depending on the quality of the metal, type of metal, and installing methods used, a metal roof can last between 40 and 70 years, quite longer than traditional asphalt, which has a maximum expectancy of 20 years.
- SAFETY – Looking for something resistant to fire? Whether your concerns are about industrial causes, wildfires, or lightning strikes, the good news is that metal roofing materials will not spark and ignite into flames in any of those situations. If you are in a high fire area or work in an industry where flames and sparks are used, sheet metal roofing companies may be the way to go.
- EFFICIENT – Compared to other materials that claim friendliness to the environment, studies show that property owners that install metal roofing can reduce summertime cooling by as much as 25 percent. Not only will this lower your energy bill for air conditioning, but it can reduce the strain on your HVAC system and help it to last longer. Made from recycled content, most metal roofing materials are also 100 percent recyclable, further reducing the impact on local landfills.
- DURABILITY – Rhode Island is no stranger to extreme weather conditions. Wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour are no match for metal roofing in Providence. It won’t crack, corrode, and is even impact-resistant, depending on the metal that you choose, reducing the need for roofing maintenance and repairs significantly. Annual inspections should be provided to catch any minor issues before they become big problems.
The Cons of Rhode Island Metal Roofing
Regardless of the decision that you make, there will always be two sides of the coin that must be considered – the positive and the negative. On the flip slide of metal roofing in Providence, there are a few prohibitive points that should be discussed. The more you know about Providence metal roofing materials, the easier it will be to make an informed decision when it comes time to put on a brand new roof. Speak with reputable sheet metal roofing companies if you have any questions or concerns to clarify any of the mentioned points.
- COST – Considerably more expensive than traditional asphalt shingles, Rhode Island metal roofing is a definite investment. However, if you can get two to three times the life out of the product, it may be well worth the cost to provide your commercial, industrial, or residential structure with a quality roofing installation.
- NOISE – Depending on the structure that requires a new roof, metal roofing in Providence may be a bit noisy during inclement weather. One way to dampen the sound is to add insulation during installation. While this may increase costs slightly, it could be a smart investment during the initial installation.
- COLOR – Because Providence metal roofing materials last for decades, you might have a challenge matching a panel color if you need to replace it somewhere down the line in the future. However, by the time you need to make such a repair, there could already be a workaround in place to overcome this issue.
Experienced Sheet Metal Roofing Companies
The best way to ensure that your investment into Rhode Island metal roofing provides you with a solid return is to work with a team of highly trained and experienced roofers for your installation. A&M Sheet Metal & Roofing has worked with a wide variety of commercial, industrial, and residential clients to protect their investment with top-quality roofing. We serve clients throughout Massachusetts, Cape Cod, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New Hampshire, offering on-time, guaranteed results at a competitive price. Give us a call at 401.654.4128 to learn more about our Providence metal roofing materials or to get a FREE estimate for our services.